Accelerated DYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator Certification
The Accelerated DFFC is an intensive, two-week-long course that prepares F2F Facilitators to serve in the role of QM-Certified DYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator. The course extends understanding of the QM Rubric to a level of expertise that will allow participants to facilitate the face-to-face (F2F) Designing Your Online Course (DYOC) workshop at their institutions. It includes two weeks of course content and an extensive two-hour conference call at the end of the course along with a culminating assignment.
Upon completion of this certification, the DYOC workshop may be delivered by Certified DYOC Face-to-Face Facilitators at their institution or system. Cap for the face-to-face workshop is 20 participants per session. Multiple sessions should be scheduled to accommodate more than 20 participants.
- Articulate the role the Designing Your Online Course workshop plays at your institution or within your system.
- Facilitate the Designing Your Online Course workshop face-to-face.
- Summarize the logistics of facilitating the Designing Your Online Course workshop face-to-face.
- Current role of Certified APPQMR Face-to-Face Facilitator or Certified IYOC Face-to-Face Facilitator.
- DYOC License must be current. DYOC License is available for Full and System subscribers.
- Institution approval. The QM Coordinator and the participant must sign and submit to QM the "Designing Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters" document. Note: For System Subscribers the System Lead QM Coordinator must sign the "Designing Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters" document, too. The document must be submitted to QM by the end of the course.
- Completion of the Facilitator Parameters document.
- A substantial time commitment is required to demonstrate the competencies necessary to complete the ADFFC. Participants enrolled in the ADFFC should expect to spend approximately 20 hours to complete the course in the two week period (some participants spend much more time than 20 hours).
- Ability to attend the required synchronous session at the end of the second week. The facilitator will schedule a time and date after registration.
- Complete and sign the Designing Your Online Course Face-to-Face Facilitator Parameters.
The two-hour session synchronous session is mandatory for all participants in the course.